Thursday 6 October 2016

Melodrama Year 8

 Rathin's Melodrama








MYP- Melodrama

KEY CONCEPTS- Relationships

RELATED CONCEPT- Arts, Audience, Expressions and Presentation

GLOBAL CONTEXTS- Fairness and Melodrama

STATEMENT OF INQUIRY- A hero saves the day in Melodrama to ensure that justice and peace will overrule the destroying plans of the evil doers.

INQUIRY QUESTION- Will the hero save the day. Will the story have a happy ending? Will the hero always destroy the plans of the villian to save the day? Will Melodrama always have a happy ending?

QUESTION-Must all the stories have happy ending? Will good always win against the evil? How can the world become a better place and more peaceful environment for all?


Melodrama Characters

                               

Hero-I chose hero as one of my characters because , Hero plays a very important role in a play or an act.Hero always saves the by saving the Damsel from the evil plans of the villain. The hero is strong, brave and confident.

                             

Villain- The villain is another important person in a play. The villain always tries to be successful but he fails everytime as the hero arrives and saves the day. The villain is always suspicious, shy and quick.He has a lot of plans and is the evil mastermind.

                                                     


The aged parents- The aged parents are drowsy, weak and always careful about their children. They keep sleeping and tired. I chose him because he is a very important person for the Damsel and an interesting character.

Melodrama-Q&A
Q1- In which century did melodrama develop?
Ans- Melodrama developed in the 19th century in France.

Q2- Why is it called Melodrama?
Ans- Melodrama was called Melodrama because it was a mixture of violence,romance and sentimentality,with short scenes full of  action.

Q3-Why was Melodrama so popular?
Ans-  Melodrama was very popular because of its style and it's different types of actions.

Q4-  What are the three segments of standard Melodrama plot?
Ans- Provocation,Pangs and Penalty

Q5-What are the conflicting themes a melodrama would usually explore?
Ans-  Track terror, Hero Saves the day, Beautiful Damsel.

Q6- Are the characters in melodrama life-like or stereotyped?
Ans- The characters in Melodrama are life like. In the early ages there used to be damsels, sheriffs and thieves with their partners.All this is true.

Q7- Describe 3 stock Characters.
1-Hero- Always saves the day. Strong, Brave and Kind Hearted(Loves Women:) )

2- Damsel- Very self-concentrated, over exaggerating, Lady like and keeps herself neat and tidy.

3-Villain- Always tries to ruin the day but fails every time. His plans get flopped by the Hero. Important character.

Q8-Difference between faithful servant and maid servant
Ans- 1)Faithful- Man, does al the dirty work. Low class.Comic Relief.
2) Maid-Women, flirts with the faithful servant. Low class.

Q9-What is aside?
Ans-An aside is where any character speaks directly to the audience to reveal a thought or plan that is kept secret from the rest of the other characters.


My 1st Movie -



Assessing Silent Movies-
1) Omar's Group-Save the princess, Save the day!
Substantial
I give Omar's group a substantial because we could barely see the faces of the actor and not a lot of over exaggeration.

2) Presha's Group- Birthday Suprise
Excellent
I give Presha's Group an excellent because they made good use of props, que cards and exaggeration was perfect. The Melodrama was incredible but a lot of camera movement.

3) Sireen's Group- Strapped on rails.
Adequate
I give Sireen's group an adequate because they took took to long to just to tie the rope and the exaggeration had limits and was not done very well. The ending was poor.

4)Hyeonho's Group- How to find your maiden
Excellent
Amazing Exaggeration, Good movement, nice decorative que cards and good use of props and fantastic melodrama.

5)My Group- Save the damn!!! Damsel
 I Believe we should probably get the scores between adequate to excellent.

I acted pretty well and my team did a good job and  I could have used more facial expressions and use a good amount of props as we were lacking on them.

My 2nd Movie

My Movie Poster


My Movie script- 
Ralph- go go go
Venollope- There we blast off
King Candy- I am going to get you ven
Ralph -King candy we will see you gone today
The race begins-====== Ven wins the race
Ralph- Yes you did it.
People-yeah lets celebrate
Venellope becomes the  queen
Ralph- I think you are changing
Ven- I am the the queen now I iam going to send all the people in jail who talks aginst me
Ralph- Fellix I think we need to solve out venellopes behaviour
Fellix-Yes we need to. I will race her now
In her kingdom----
Fellix and Ralph- We are going to race you and eliminate you
The race day
Ralph -Fellix go end this
Felix wins the race-
Ven- I will come for you
Ralph- Yeah
People- Yah yayaya
The crowd is happy and all the candies are freed from the jail
Therefore we live happy ever after
Felix is the new king and returns back to his game
an acurate time.

Wreck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It Ralph

Stage Combat-
Slap
What is stage combat?
Ans-Stage combat is a specialized technique in a theatre designed to create the illusion of physical combat without causing harm to the performers.

The four precautions of stage combat-
- Keep accurate distance so nobody will be injured.
- Eye contact should never get interrupted
- Keep one feet in and the other outside the area.
-Knapp at an accurate time.
-Never show the knapping to the audience by covering it by the opposite persons body.

My stage combat slap-
I need a lot of practice to perform a professional knapp. I could perform better by coordinating with my partner with the time count. My knapp is okay cause I am a beginner and would be better after I perform more plays. I am caution of the safety precautions and would take full measures to prevent any damage. Hyeonho produced a better knapp but as at the top he too needs coordination between the actors and an accurate time count. I will practice more skills such as punches, hair pull and many more. I have to act on my reaction time too so that people might think the slap or punch was real. 
Displaying IMG-20161101-WA0007.jpg
  

No comments:

Post a Comment